Ahhh! You like the sound of that, right! I do. Today is the first day I’m sitting quietly in my house as both my kids are back in school. For so many of us, this time of year is when all of the wonderful ideas we have put on hold in order to embrace the beautiful, carefree months of summer start bubbling back into our minds.
Sounds like a peaceful place to be if only the little spurts of butterflies (aka: anxiety) would go away. This is also the time that we start acting on all our wonderful ideas. Afterall we did tell ourselves that at the end of the summer we would get it together and make those fantastic ideas happen. I can feel my heart kick it up a few extra beats.
As my 5 y.o. son would say, “Settle down, settle down.”
So now what. How do you make your ideas happen without going into a panic attack or feeling overwhelmed before you even get started? Here are some tips on how to enjoy “the most wonderful time of year.”
1. Remember why you came up with your idea. How does your idea balance your life?
2. Start a simple daily ritual that brings you inspiration and commit to it no matter what gets in the way.
3. Think small. Take time for yourself today to think about your first step (or next step) forward as a small step on your authentic journey.
4. Surround yourself with people who inspire you.
5. And yes, let YOU come first. Embrace who you are. Your thoughts and your desires. The world will be a better place with your light shining in it. Don’t hold back.