Have you made your New Year’s Resolutions yet? Are you entering the new year feeling refreshed and charged for a new beginning or are you rolling in like me feeling a bit frazzled and already 3 steps behind?
On New Year’s Day my 8 year old daughter came up to me and said, “Mom, I need to make my New Year’s Resolutions….let’s see…what am I not good at?”
So often we approach the New Year from a place of deficits. We set ourselves up from the start to fall short of our goals and intentions because of our mindset. Working from this place sets us up for failure, unable to maintain our intentions.
Out with the old! In with the new way of thinking! Here are a few quick steps to get you on the right track for success for 2013.
Grab a piece of paper and pen and quickly jot down your thoughts:
1. List 5 of your strengths. If your get stumped ask a loved one or friend what your strengths are and then choose to put them on your list or not.
2. List 3-5 things that are important to you. What do you value in your life?
3. Next, ask yourself, “What would you have needed to do and/or experienced in your life in order to have no regrets on your deathbed?”
4. Without hesitation, list everything that pops up.
5. Lastly, choose from your list in #4 to answer this question: “This year, what do I want to do and who do I want to be?”
Enjoy making 2013 happen!
Your personal advocate,